Friday, December 18, 2009
Basic Genetics Homework
By going on http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/ , I learned many things about heredity and traits. First, I learned that a trait is a notable quality in a person. Each of us possesses a different combination of traits that makes us unique. Traits are passed from generation to generation. We inherit traits from our parents and pass them down to our children. I also learned that heredity is the passing of traits from parents to child. Children look like their parents because we "inherit" some of their traits. Our genes are made of DNA and they live in our chromosomes. We all have thousands of genes and the environment we grow in, as well as our genes, help define our traits. Humans have two complete sets of 23 chromosomes, totaling to 46 chromosomes in our body. When children are born, each parent contributes one set of chromosomes to the offspring, passing on genes to the child. That is what I learned about heredity and traits by visiting this interesting website.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
HEY NICE JOB!!! :)
Post a Comment